Two things to know about the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) first draw enacted on December 27, 2020:
- The first draw is for those who missed getting in on the original PPP, which expired on August 8, 2020.
- Don’t think of a PPP draw as a loan. It’s not a loan. It’s a cash infusion. You have to repay a loan. You don’t have to repay the PPP funds.
Who qualifies for first-draw PPP money today? You, most likely—if you file a business tax return and have not yet received any PPP monies.
But don’t wait. The money is going to run out fast, and once it’s gone, so is the PPP. And the new PPP ends March 31, even if the money is not gone by then.
You qualify for the PPP if any of the following are true:
- You file your taxes on Schedule C of your tax return. Businesses that file on Schedule C include independent contractors (often called 1099 folks), single-member LLCs, proprietorships, and statutory employees such as life insurance salespeople.
- You file your taxes on Schedule F (ranchers and farmers).
- You are a general partner in a partnership, but the partnership asks for and receives the money based on your and the other partners’ combined self-employment incomes, as adjusted.
- You operate as an S corporation.
- You operate as a C corporation.
- You are the only worker in the business—and if you have employees in the business, you qualify on both your ownership worker status and your employees’ W-2 status.
If you would like to discuss the PPP, please contact us, Sigma Accountants – Best Columbia Maryland Based CPA Firm
Sigma accountants are the best Tax Accountant in Maryland. We provide pocket-friendly accounting, bookkeeping, and consultancy services to dentists, dental practitioners, doctors, medical practitioners, and small businesses. We specialize in accounting for dental practices and help them increase their net worth.
Our accurate reporting and on-time accounting services make us the best CPA In Columbia MD. Get in touch for a free consultation today and experience the best tax preparation services in Columbia, MD.
You can contact us via the contact form or follow us on social media for timely updates. Facebook, LinkedIn.